Making Face Masks With Elastic or Hair Ties
Making face masks using ribbon?
Making face masks without a machine?
This video will give you all of the information you need to create your face masks using elastic. You can use this same video for making them with hair ties, you simply must cut your hair tie in half, so that it is at least 6 inches in length.
- Elastic (7″) or Hair Tie (6″)
- Fabric (Two 9″ x 6″ rectangle, preferably use two different patterns)
- Sewing Machine
- Thread (any color)
- Pins (optional)
- Place the fabrics on top of one another. If they have right an wrong sides, place the right sides together.
- Sew along the long sides of the rectangle.
- Take one piece of elastic and place it inside the pocket created by the fabric. Take the end of the elastic and place it at the corner of the rectangle. Sew downward, along the side of the rectangle, effectively keeping the elastic in place. It may be helpful to sew over it a couple times.
- Take the other end of the same piece of elastic and place it at the other corner down the same side of the rectangle. Sew this end of the elastic into place.
- Take another piece of elastic and repeat on the other side of the rectangle. Make sure to leave a 3 to 4 inch hole in the center so that you can turn it inside out.
- Turn your fabric inside out.
- Sew the hole that is left in one of the short sides of the rectangle.
- Make pleats by folding the fabric two times and sew using a zigzag stitch on the two short sides of the rectangle.
When Completed with All Masks
Please fill out this form when you are done with all of your masks. You will need to submit pictures and a total number of the masks you created.
Days Left to Create Masks