No Sewing Machine Face Masks
Making face masks using elastic or hair ties?
Making face masks using ribbon?
This video will give you all of the information you need to create your face masks without using a sewing machine. However, these masks do require elastic. While the video is in another language, there are English subtitles. Please note that the video gives measurements for small, medium, and large sized masks. The size that we need for our purposes is large.
- Two 19cm strips of elastic
- Fabric (One 20cm x 38cm piece)
- Thread (any color)
- Fold the entire piece of fabric in half so that the short sides meet and the right sides of the fabric are together.
- Fold a 1.5 cm piece of the fabric, from the two ends, back on both sides and iron.
- Open the whole piece of fabric, so that you can see the right side of the fabric, but leave the two 1.5 cm pieces folded.
- Fold one end of the fabric into the middle crease and fold the new end into the middle crease as well, so that you have divided it into four sections. Unfold.
- Fold the first crease to the second crease and the third crease to the second crease. Iron.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 on the other side of the fabric.
- On one end of the fabric, pin the elastic into place, so that one end of the elastic is on the top of the fabric and the other end is on the middle, creating a semi-circle. Repeat on the other side with another piece of elastic.
- Fold the bottom half of the fabric onto the top of the fabric so that you only see the wrong sides of the fabric.
- Pin the fabric in place.
- Sew using a backstitch along the short sides of the rectangle. Remove pins.
- Turn the fabric right side out and remove the pins holding the elastic in place.
When Completed with All Masks
Please fill out this form when you are done with all of your masks. You will need to submit pictures and a total number of the masks you created.
Days Left to Create Masks