Making Face Masks With Ribbon
Making face masks using elastic or hair ties?
Making face masks without a machine?
This video will give you all of the information you need to create your face masks using ribbon. Note that when creating face masks with elastic, you only need two pieces of elastic, but when making masks with ribbon you need four pieces.
- Four 15″ strips of ribbon
- Fabric (Two 9″ x 6″ rectangle, preferably use two different patterns)
- Sewing Machine
- Thread (any color)
- Pins (optional)
- Place the fabrics on top of one another. If they have right an wrong sides, place the right sides together.
- Sew along the long sides of the rectangle.
- Take one piece of ribbon and place it inside the pocket created by the fabric. Take the end of the ribbon and place it at the corner of the rectangle. Sew downward, along the side of the rectangle, effectively keeping the ribbon in place. It may be helpful to sew over it a couple times.
- Take another piece of ribbon and place it at the other corner, down the same side, of the rectangle. Sew this piece of ribbon into place.
- Take another piece of ribbon and repeat on the other side of the rectangle. Make sure to leave a 3 to 4 inch hole in the center so that you can turn it inside out.
- Turn your fabric inside out.
- Sew the hole that is left in one of the short sides of the rectangle.
- Make pleats by folding the fabric two times and sew using a zigzag stitch on the two short sides of the rectangle.
When Completed with All Masks
Please fill out this form when you are done with all of your masks. You will need to submit pictures and a total number of the masks you created.
Days Left to Create Masks